Welcome to Anoddtale.com hereafter referred to as “Odd”. Please read our Terms and conditions carefully.
This agreement is effective upon acceptance or use of anoddtale.com.
1. By registering on the Site or purchasing or selling products through the Site, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
- The contents of Odd, including all images, illustrations, text, audio clip and video clip are copyrighted.
- The personal opinions of the artists, designers, and labels whose products we sell, or any third party with whom we are associated with, do not reflect the views of Odd and we accept no responsibility for any such views expressed by them through any channel or format, including social media platforms.
2. By registering on Odd’s website or purchasing or selling products through it, you warrant, represent, and acknowledge to:
- Submit to laws and regulations related to your use of the Site.
- Release us from any product liability, and leave full liability for the products with the producer.
- Never perform any hacking or phishing of the website or users accounts.
- Never break our policies, rules, regulations or 3rd. party rights.
A. ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION
In order to establish an account and make purchases on the Site, you must provide accurate personal details, including your real first and last name, valid mobile telephone number, alternate contact phone number, valid e-mail address, payment details, valid billing address and other requested information as indicated.
A.1. When registering/creating an account on the Site, you must create a password for your account, must protect your password; you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s) and for restricting access to your computer, and for all activities that occur under your account or password. You are prohibited from using false information or impersonate another person or company through your account. If you provide false or inaccurate information, Odd reserves the right to deactivate, suspend your account and or take any legal action required, ensure and warrant that the payment details you provide are valid, complete and correct and confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided. You are responsible for losses incurred by us or another party due to someone else using your Account and/or password either with or without your knowledge or consent, agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account and/or password(s) and any other breach of security relating to the Site. You must never use another member’s account at any time. Expressly consent to receiving emails from Odd. If, at any time, you decide you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You may terminate your account with Odd at any time from your account settings.
Odd shall retain your personal information during and following the end of your use of the Site as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations, and to take any other actions otherwise required by law.
We recommend that you regularly update your registration data to keep your information current and accurate.
A.2. Information disclosure
All personal information given to Odd will be kept confidential and will only be used for Odd related purposes; information will not be disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes. Odd is committed to preserving and protecting your privacy. However, we are legally bound to disclose your personal information in the following cases: if we receive a court order or similar legal procedure requiring us to share your Personal Data to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or third parties, if we are required to disclose your Personal Data to comply with the law, if we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation, if we have a good faith and belief that our disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to prevent clearly perceived danger or any physical or financial loss, if we suspect illegal activity and report it to the appropriate authorities, if we suspect a possible violation of our Terms and Conditions and choose to investigate it further with the help of a third party.
In the event of a sale of Odd, your personal data may be disclosed to any potential purchaser for the purposes of the continued provision of the Site or otherwise in relation to any such sale.
All orders are subject to acceptance. Neither our third-party payment processor nor our nominated courier has the authority to accept an order on behalf of Odd. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel an order for reasons such as:
- The inability to obtain authorization for payment.
- Shipping restrictions that may apply to a particular item.
- The withdrawal of an item.
- The identification of a problem with your information or account.
- The inability of the shipping company or courier to deliver to your location.
- An inaccuracy or error in the product or pricing information.
Once your order has been placed, we will contact you electronically acknowledging the details of your order. These communications may include, but are not limited to: e-mails, text messages, etc.
You will receive a confirmation email for your order, a tracking link, and a final delivery confirmation email from Odd or its affiliates.
The prices for all items available for purchase through the Site will be displayed to you on the Site apart from customized items, in which case prices are determined on a case-by-case basis and will be communicated via email.
All features, content, specifications, sizes, prices of products and services described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, color and similar descriptions may be approximate and are provided for convenience only.
Packaging may vary from those shown in the pictures displayed on the website.
Custom Made and pre-order products may be subject to some difference in color and specs due to the normal difference between design and products results that sometimes may take place.
Odd will ship your orders during weekdays only. Orders placed during the weekends or public holidays will be shipped on the next business day.
We recommend reviewing your order’s details to ensure accuracy. This can be done on the order review page before submitting your order.
B.2. Return and Exchange Policy
In case of any product(s) exchange or return, Odd’s team shall verify that the product(s) are in the original condition and in compliance with the Return Conditions. Odd reserves the right to reject any exchange or return of product(s) after inspecting it for not meeting its quality standards for exchanged / returned Products.
B.2.1 If the Buyer opts to exchange an item for the same item or another item from the same producer, then:
a. If the new item costs more than the price of the item being exchanged; the Buyer will be responsible for paying the difference.
b. If the value of the refunded amount exceeds the price of the new item selected during exchange, the difference in value will be placed in Buyer’s wallet on the Odd website, available to be used for the purchase of a different product in the future.
Producer will abide with the terms of Odd’s Return and Exchange Policy (whereby any returns and refunds to the buyer will be automatically subtracted from the Producers. Producer shall bear any costs associated with the exchange / return of any item(s) ordered from the relevant buyer).
Any such funds paid by Odd to cover refunds or exchange will be deducted from the Producer’s/ Seller’s payment account balance. If there are insufficient funds to cover the amount of the refund, the balance will be charged to the Producer’s credit card or added to the Producer’s payment account.
- Due to the nature of the products, we offer no refund or exchange for the following: Discounted items, custom made items, promotional items, art pieces, fashion accessory /jewelry and adornments.
B.2.2 The Following items can be exchanged or returned:
B.2.2.i Incorrectly delivered items (i.e., items that differ substantially in size or quality from the item in the Producer’s listing description or photos, subject to agreement by Odd).
B.2.2.ii Goods that were received damaged (i.e., damage occurred before reaching the Buyer).
In case refund is approved, refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
B.2.3 The refund policy to buyer and gift receiver
- If the Buyer opts to exchange an item for another item from a different Producer, the value of the returned item will be placed in the Buyer’s wallet to be used by the buyer for the new order.
- Exchanges and refund are allowed within 48 hours of date of delivery, provided the goods are sealed and in good condition (not used or opened).
- The Buyer must inspect the product/s upon receipt to make sure it is not damaged or wrong. If the Buyer decides not to inspect the item/s, by that he/she forfeits his/her right to exchange.
- The Buyer must send the Company a photo of the damaged item along with the claim within 48 hours of the receipt. Otherwise, the option to exchange the item is forfeited by the Buyer.
- Except for clause B.2.2, all refunds will be placed exclusively in the buyer’s or gift receiver’s wallet.
Policy for charging fees for exchanged items
In case an item is exchanged due to Producer fault/error (i.e. damaged item(s) or incorrectly delivered item(s) that occurred before receipt by Buyer), then the Producer will be responsible for all the costs related to shipping it back to Buyer. The Buyer must return damaged or incorrectly delivered items in the same condition as they were received and in their intact original package in order to qualify for exchange.
Policy for exchanging gifted items
In case the Buyer selected a product to send as a gift to a 3rd party, the gift receiver can request the exchange of such gift within 3 days from delivery date by contacting us. Contact details will be provided on the delivery receipt or by email. If the exchange is accepted based on the exchange conditions, the amount will be credited to the account of the gift receiver. If the gift receiver doesn’t have An Odd Tale account, he/she will need to create one. The value in the gift receiver’s card stays valid for a year from the date it goes into his/her account.
C. GIFT CARD
C.1. Gift Card Policy
- An eGift is a digital Card sent via email that your recipient can redeem and enjoy.
- To send a gift card, you can enter a value of your choice from our e-gift card menu (minimum value of $50).
- Gift cards are valid exclusively for items sold on the Odd’s website.
- The Card will cease to be valid twelve months from the date of purchase/issuance; this is referred to as the ‘expiry date’. On the expiry date, the card will cease to hold value and the Buyer will not be entitled to use the Card. Reminder notification/s will be sent to Gift Card Holder before the card expires.
C.2. Gift Card Buyer Information
- Buyer will log in into his /her Odd account.
- Buyer will access the gift card page.
- Buyer will enter a value of his/her choice.
- Buyer can choose to add a note to be shared with the Receiver.
- Buyer will be redirected to the checkout page to complete the payment and enter the email address of the gift card receiver.
- Once the payment is successful, we will send the gift card details (e.g. unique code number, amount, expiry date, terms and conditions) to the gift card Receiver's email, and a confirmation email will be sent the Buyer's email.
- Cards will be emailed as online gift credit.
C.3. Gift Card Receiver Information
- Gift Receiver can redeem the code after receiving an email with the unique code number of his/her gift card.
- Once the Gift card code has been redeemed, it cannot be returned for cash value.
- Redeeming Odd Gift Card will add its value to the account balance of the Receiver and allow him/her to pay for items on the Odd website using the balance value. In order to use the Gift Card, the Receiver must have or create an account.
- If the gift Receiver’s order total is more than the existing gift card, the receiver can purchase another eGift card with the required amount, redeem it, and proceed to complete the order purchase.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned, exchanged for cash, or used to purchase another gift card.
- Odd will not be liable in case the gift card was stolen, destroyed or used by a third party without permission of the card owner.
- Prior to the card’s expiry, an automated courtesy notification/s will be sent to the card Receiver to remind him/her to use it by expiration date.
- Once the gift card balance becomes zero, the system will deactivate the card.
D. SHIPPING & DELIVERY POLICY
- We ship worldwide.
- Shipping charges will appear at Checkout and are calculated automatically prior to order completion.
- Your order will be shipped after your credit has been charged and any other necessary verifications have been completed.
- All items must be shipped to a valid address.
- We do our best to ship your order as quickly as possible. However, our shipping estimate does not guarantee or promise that a product will ship on a specific day or be received by you within a specific period.
- Orders shipped internationally may be subject to custom duties, clearance fees as determined by the destination country. The actual amount, if any, is only determined once the package reaches the customs office of the country of destination for inspection. This is not an additional charge from Odd but from the Customs Office of the country of destination. The Receiver of the shipment must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country and will be responsible for any additional charges such as custom duties, clearance fees and/or sales tax.
- No exchanges or rerouting are accepted as a result of unexpected customs duties, clearance fees and/or sales tax.
- Any delays that may occur for any reason at the Customs Department of the destination country, are completely out of Odd’s control and Odd shall not be liable for such delays.
- Standard Delivery Orders are typically delivered within 2 to 8 working days after order is shipped (Due to the COVID19 pandemic some products may currently take longer to ship) .
- For Custom Made items, Order’s delivery date will be identified on a case-to-case basis. Actual delivery time depends on design and production time, shipping distance and may vary accordingly.
- For some shipments such as Furniture, you may be requested to submit specific documents for shipping purposes. This is required by customs for large-size pieces.
- You will be provided a tracking number for each order shipped internationally.
- The Site currently uses third parties to process payments. Our third-party payment processors accept payments through major credit cards, including Visa and MasterCard.
- All credit/debit card payments are subject to validation checks and authorization by the issuer. If the issuer of the credit/debit card refuses to authorize payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We will contact you for an alternate method of payment. However, this may result in the cancellation of your order.
- No credit/debit cards details will be stored on our site. Such details are handled exclusively by our secure online payment gateway service provider.
- Advance payment is required for made-to-order items, in which cases the full amount must be paid and in advance.
- Prices exclude customs, taxes, and clearance at the end destination.
- International deliveries are subject to the terms and conditions of the provider (Courier Company). Please refer to the below Link: https://www.dhl.com/en/
F. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The use of the Site or any of the Services or products available therein is at your own risk, and unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your use of the Site or any of the Services or products available therein.
Under no circumstances and under no legal or equitable theory, whether in tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, shall Odd or any of its affiliates, employees, directors, officers be liable to you or to any other person for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or damages of any nature arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the website, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or computer failure or malfunction, even if an authorized representative of Odd has been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages. Subject to the foregoing, in no event will Odd be liable for any damages in excess of the amount paid by you towards the price of the product in respect to which the claim arose. The producers whose items are available on the Site for sale are independent suppliers and are not employees of Odd. In no event shall Odd be liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any producer. You hereby release us from any and all obligations, liabilities and claims in excess of this limitation.
Odd will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
G. PRODUCTS LIABILITY
By buying products through odd’s Site, you acknowledge and agree that Odd carries no product liability save in relation to returning and exchanging the products or refunding/crediting the price paid where applicable, and that full liability for the products rests with the Producer.
H. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All copyright, trademarks, trade names, designs, the “look and feel” of the Website, other intellectual property and material, rights on and relating to the Website including software and all HTML and other codes contained in the Website, page headers, images, texts, illustrations, formats, logos, designs, icons, photographs, programs, music clips or downloads and video clips (collectively, the “IP”) are and shall at all times remain vested in Odd and/or are the property of their respective owners, and are protected by the Lebanese law and international trademark and copyright laws. You may access, view, download, and print the IP and all other materials displayed on our Website for your personal, non- commercial use only as expressly authorized by Odd and/or its third-party licensors provided, however, you (i) do not modify or alter the IP in any way; and (ii) do not provide or make available the IP to any third party in a commercial manner. You will not acquire any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights whatsoever in the IP. No license, right, title, or interest in any materials or software is transferred to you as a result of your use of the Website or your accessing, viewing, downloading, or printing of the IP. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the IP or our Website. The IP may be used only as a shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the IP is strictly prohibited.
Odd is the exclusive owner or licensee of the IP (as applicable) and is the exclusive licensee of the www.anoddtale.com domain name.
I. PAYMENT GATEWAY:
- If any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the other terms of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected and shall remain in full effect.
- Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions (including a dispute, claim or controversy relating to any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions) shall be referred to the parties’ respective officers for resolution. If any dispute remains unresolved 21 days after being referred to the officers, it shall be finally settled by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Lebanese courts.
You agree, at our request, to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Odd and its affiliates, including their officers, directors, agents, artists, designers, employees, suppliers and licensors and each other person, if any, who controls any thereof, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs, any and all expenses, including attorneys’ fees, and whatsoever reasonably incurred in investigating, preparing or defending against any litigation commenced or threatened or any claim whatsoever, arising from or related to your use of the Website, any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or the use by any other person accessing the Website using any of your credentials. Odd reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you here under, and such right and indemnification will survive these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website.
K. NO PARTNERSHIP OR AGENCY
Producer and Odd are independent contractors, and these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to submission or distribution of Your Content, will not, in whole or in part, establish any relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency between you and Odd. Neither party will have the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other's behalf without the other's prior written consent. Neither party is authorized to act as an agent or representative of the other or for or on behalf of the other party in any capacity other than as expressly set out in the Terms and Conditions. Neither party shall advertise, represent or hold itself (or any of its agents) out as so acting or being authorized so to act, or incur any liability or obligation on behalf of, or in the name of, the other party, unless specifically provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
L. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- If any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the other terms of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected and shall remain in full effect.
- Any purchase, dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions (including a dispute, claim or controversy relating to any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions) shall be referred to the parties’ respective officers for resolution. If any dispute remains unresolved 21 days after being referred to the officers, it shall be finally settled by the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Arab Emirates - Dubai courts.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- Your continued use of the site following such change shall signify your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions.